5 Reasons to Participate in the Wirt County Fitness Challenge
Tis the seasons for eggnog, pecan pie, and Christmas cookies, but just beyond that is the season of resolutions! Ring in the New Year with an exciting challenge to get yourself to a better you. The Wirt County Schools Wellness Center just announced the Wirt County Fitness Challenge for all who live and/or work in the county. The challenge is a ten-week program designed with the goal of motivating community members to participate in a healthier, more active lifestyle not only at the beginning of the year but into the future as well.
Here are some reasons our providers think you should take on the challenge:
- Teamwork makes the dream work – No one likes going it alone and group involvement promotes motivation. A little friendly competition between friends and neighbors is that much more of a motivator!
- Live your best life – Fitness leads to a more satisfying life. Exercise is proven to boost your mood and lower stress by the release of endorphins.
- The best kind of defense is offense – Protect yourself from illnesses by changing your lifestyle! Fitness is the key part of prevention for many illnesses, including heart disease, diabetes, cancer and arthritis.
- It’s easier than you think – Working out and eating right seems like the ultimate chore, but everyone can participate in some level of exercise and a healthy diet. It comes off as such a daunting task, but even the smallest changes to your levels of exercise and diet can go a long way!
- It’s all about balance – Good health is having a balance of physical, mental/emotional, and social wellbeing. This fitness challenge promotes all of that!
The winner will be decided by the greatest percentage of weight loss from initial weigh-in through March 8th. Initial weigh-ins must be done between January 2-4th at the Wirt County Schools Wellness Center located near the Middle School. The deadline to join the challenge is December 28th, so it is time to get moving! For more information click HERE or call 304-275-3117 to sign up!
February 1, 2018
Coplin Welcomes Pediatric Physician
Dr. Cathy A. Dailey has joined our primary care staff as a pediatric physician. She is now seeing patients 18 and under at Parkersburg Family Care.
March 1, 2018
New Family Care Facility Opens in Parkersburg
Coplin Health Systems has opened a second family care clinic at 3705 Emerson Square in Parkersburg. For information, call 304.917.3530.
August 29, 2018
Coplin Health Systems Announces Departure of CEO, Derek Snyder, and Selection of Interim CEO
Coplin Health Systems and its Board are announcing that, effective September 7th, Derek Snyder, its CEO is departing the organization.