Prioritizing your well-being while on the job involves getting the right physical exams and screenings. Our expert medical teams at the majority of our locations offer the following types of physicals:
- Pre-Employment Physicals – $35
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Physicals – $80
Department of Transportation (DOT)/Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Exams
A DOT (Department of Transportation) physical ensures your fitness for the challenging role of a CMV (commercial motor vehicle) driver, promoting road safety. This includes:
Blood Pressure and Pulse Rate: A provider gauges your blood pressure and pulse, assessing systolic and diastolic levels, and checking for irregular heart rates.
Hearing: Drivers must hear a ‘forced whisper’ up to 5 ft., with or without hearing aids. This corresponds to a hearing loss of under 40 dB in the better ear.
Urinalysis: This tests for medical conditions like diabetes.
Vision: Each eye must have 20/40 vision, with or without corrective lenses, and at least 70º peripheral vision along the horizontal meridian.
The exam covers several categories:
- Abdomen and viscera (enlarged liver, muscle weakness, viscera)
- Ears (scarring, perforated eardrums)
- Eyes (cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration)
- Extremities (limb impairment)
- Heart (irregular sounds, murmurs, pacemaker)
- Lungs and chest (abnormal breathing, cyanosis, impaired respiratory functions)
- Mouth and throat (breathing, swallowing difficulties)
- Neurological conditions (ataxia, reflexes, coordination, speech pattern)
- Vascular system (irregular pulse, carotid artery, varicose veins)
- Spine and musculoskeletal issues (limited motion, surgery history, tenderness, etc.)